Awards and Recognition
- Honored by the Healthcare Association of New York State with the 2017 Pinnacle Award for Improving Patient Safety and Quality of Care
- Recognized as a 2017 Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus & Target Stroke Elite Honor Roll Award by the American Heart Association /American Stroke Association
- Bariatric Center of Excellence, designated by The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Palliative Care Department earned The Joint Commission's Advanced Certification, 2017
- Recognized as a 2014 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in the United States, for attaining and sustaining excellence in accountability measure performance for Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, Stroke, Surgical Care and Perinatal. St. Catherine of Siena is one of only 1,043 hospitals out of more than 3,300 eligible hospitals in the United States to achieve the 2014 Top Performer distinction.
- Received an “A” rating from the Leapfrog Group a national benchmark group on quality and safety, 2015, 2013 and 2012.
- Achieved the American Heart Association /American Stroke Association Gold Plus award for excellence in quality for stroke and TIA management, since 2010. In addition, St. Catherine also received Honor Roll recognition for thrombolytic management of acute ischemic stroke in 2011 and 2013 and 2016-17.
- Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval and accreditation for disease-specific care for Stroke, December 2012, 2014 and 2016.
- Designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, by the American College of Radiology.
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology in MRI, CT, ultrasound, ultrasound breast, ultrasound-guided breast biopsy, ultrasound vascular, mammography and stereotactic breast biopsy.
- Honored with other CHS hospitals for improved maternity and obstetric outcomes by the Healthcare Association of New York State with the 2010 and 2011 Pinnacle Award for the most outstanding safety initiative of the year.
- Received honorable mention from Physician’s Reciprocal Insurers (PRI) for improving quality by reducing falls without the use of restraints, 2013.
- Received the Special Innovation Award from the Hauppauge Industrial Association for implementing a multi-specialty minimally invasive robotics surgery program, 2012.
- The only community hospital on Long Island, and 1 of 36 in the country, awarded the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Outstanding Leadership Award for Achievements in Eliminating Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia, May 2011
- Recognition from The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) for promoting quality in endoscopy, making it the only community hospital on Long Island to do so in 2011 through 2014, along with a certificate.