Orthopedic Surgery and Podiatry
Orthopedics is the surgical division concerned with conditions of the musculoskeletal system, which provides form, support, stability and movement to the body. St. Catherine’s compassionate surgeons provide expert treatment options, surgical and non-surgical, to treat musculoskeletal trauma.
Here are the areas most commonly treated by St. Catherine’s orthopedic surgeons:
- Hand Surgery: Specialized surgeons use micro-surgical procedures, including limb implant techniques to treat a variety of hand traumas.
- Podiatry: The area of podiatry concentrates on treatment options for unique foot and wound care problems.
- Spine Surgery: Fellowship trained spine surgeons perform advanced procedures for complicated spinal pathology.
- Sports Medicine: Fellowship trained sport medicine specialists employ state-of-the-art, minimally invasive arthroscopic procedures.
- Total Joint Replacement Surgery: St. Catherine’s Department of Orthopedic Surgery is a prominent referral center throughout Suffolk County for the treatment of complicated joint replacement procedures and revision surgery. A separate Joint Implant Unit is also available at the medical center, which is dedicated to postoperative and rehabilitation care.
To find a physician, click here.
Download A Patient's Guide to Total Joint Replacement